She is an elite diver who has driven herself to dangerous lengths to excel at her sport. She’s a motivated self-starter who leads the charge to find a way off the island and back to the pursuit of her Olympic dreams.
Rachel struggles with an eating disorder after her coach tries to cut her from the team, telling her that her body type no longer fits the ideal diver's body. This ends up getting her hospitalized after she fainted.
She’s passionate and head strong. It’s her way or nothing at all. She may be considered crazy or “psycho” by some of the people on the island. She can be reserved but she is intense and highly driven. She wants to succeed all time, at everything that she does.
Amazon's Character Description
An elite diver, Rachel has driven herself to dangerous lengths to excel at her sport. She's a motivated self-starter who leads the charge to find a way off the island and back to the pursuit of her Olympic dreams .
She has brown curly hair and brown skin. Rachel is most often seen with her hair up, whereas her sister's is always down. She also has some light acne scarring on her cheeks. She’s tall and beautiful (as stated by her diving coach).
Fatin and Rachel were on the island together. Rachel is seen wearing Fatin's "Le Trash" shirt from Fatin's flashbacks. When Fatin goes missing and the girls go looking for her, Rachel gets caught in some quicksand. Rachel has to give up her all-important control and stop struggling so that the girls can help her.
Dot and Rachel were on the island together.
Shelby and Rachel were on the island together.
Toni and Rachel were on the island together.
Jeanette and Rachel were on the island together.
Martha and Rachel were on the island together. When Rachel gets caught in quicksand and begins to sink, Martha kneels in front of her and tells her that she has to stop fighting so that they can help her. Rachel gives up her need for control and they are able to pull her out.
Leah and Rachel were on the island together. Leah and Rachel were often “competing” for the title of being crazy. Rachel didn't like that Leah called her crazy when Leah obviously has her own problems. Leah and Rachel worked together to get the black box from the plane wreckage, with Rachel pushing Leah to dive again even though Leah was spent . Though Rachel has developed a fear of the ocean, Rachel dives in and swims out after Leah when Leah has a breakdown and attempts to drown herself.
Nora and Rachel are fraternal twin sisters. They argue frequently but they always make up. Rachel and Nora both get jealous of each other sometimes, especially regarding their parents and the attention they get from them. Nora expresses concern over Rachel's behavior and is the first to notice that she isn't acting right. Rachel begs Nora to convince her parents to let her out of the hospital after she is admitted for an eating disorder.
- Shelby: We are working with very different thresholds here.
- Rachel: Wow, that's racist.
- Shelby: What? No-- no I only meant because-- Because you're like, a world class athlete.
- Rachel: Chill, I'm kidding. 
- Rachel: Are you ready to bring your "A" game?
- Leah: I mean, I'm ready to bring a game. I have no idea what kind. 
- Rachel: I was all hustle. Hustle and hard work. That's how you make your dreams come true. We grow up hearing that, don't we? That you don't have to be gifted or some kind of natural. If you just put in the time, the effort, and the sweat, anything is possible. I believed that because I had to. Only to find out it was a stone cold lie.
- Rachel, to Nora: It feels so good to be full. Don't let me forget that I said that.
- She was born in New York City but now lives on Long Island. She is 18 minutes older than her twin sister Nora.
- Season One